Welcome -- News and Events at Branches
Be sure to browse to the bottom of this page to see all the news and events at the Library.
Did you know that Montmorency County Public Libraries:
· Has branches in Atlanta, Hillman & Lewiston
· Has a collection of over 48,000 books, 1100 audios, & 4700 videos
· Has over 11,000 downloadable e-books books and 88 downloadable videos
· Serves just under 10,000 county residents at no charge. It is completely free to get a library card, check out books and materials and use public computers.
· Offers over 600 programs each to children, area school districts & preschools, teens and adults
· Circulates over 54,000 books and materials each year
· Answers more than 33,500 reference questions a year
· Brings internet access and computer use to more than 2200 people each month
· Borrows more than 6680 books and materials each year for patrons from other libraries throughout the state and country through interlibrary loan
· Has over 5,000 active registered borrowers
Congratulations to Layne Schlicher, from our Lewiston Public Library Branch and her new husband Matt. Sadly, we say goodbye to Layne as she moves downstate with her new hubby!
On April 22nd the Library participated in Earth Day. Lewiston Reading Buddies cleaned up the yard behind Lewiston True Value Hardware and the block surrounding the Lewiston Library for Earth Day 2016. The total weight of the garbage was 40 pounds!!
Isabell, Tristan, Jacob, Marijane and Joseph
Keegan, Christian and Gabe
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We had a very busy day at the Atlanta Branch on Wednesday, June 30th!! The Summer Library Program project was a mixed media Cactus Painting. The weather was perfect and so was the participation!
Mixed Media Cactus Painting in Lewiston
CLICK HERE FOR MICHIGAN ACTIVITY PASS INFORMATION
Did you know that your library card can be your best travel companion?
The Pass allows library cardholders throughout the state to gain free or discounted access to 385 sites and numerous events.
CLICK ON THE BALLOON FOR MICHIGAN ACTIVITY PASS INFORMATION
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
2016 SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM
On Your Mark Get Set READ!!
The Program begins June 13th. It is a 6 week program and is for all children ages 3-16 years old. Participants will have 6 weeks of fun reading, learning and civic activities to complete their "Reading Stampede Tally Book". See INFORMATION below for details. Participants completing the Tally Book will be eligible to attend the Western Hoedown on August 4th at 6:pm at
Coopersville Old West Town in Lewiston.
click on pics to learn about Spike Cooper and to view an interview with Lori Haas, Director of Montmorency County Public Libraries
about the Summer Program and the Library Millage
NEW "FREE" LIBRARY SERVICE
After installing the app on your device ...choose Northland Library Cooperative as your library and click on it.
To use Freegal, you need to be a registered cardholder of a library that has contracted the Freegal service. Once you have downloaded the Freegal App on your device, the first thing you will see upon opening the App is a search box for libraries. At this point you will enter in the name of your library Coop which is Northland Library Cooperative.
Come join us for Childrens Story Hour. Story Hour will be held every 2nd Wednesday each month at 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. We will have a story, fun project and snack. Please ask Andrea, Wendy or Lori to sign-up! Phone 989 785-3941
Next month will be our last Toddler Time until fall. It will also be held on a special date, May 11th at 10:15 a.m. Music, story, craft and snack are included; adult supervision is required. Pre-registration is recommended and sign up sheets are available at the Hillman-Wright Branch or you can register by calling 989 742-4021. Welcome to all children ages birth-5.
Toddler Story Hour will be held the third Friday of every month starting at Noon. Sign up at the front circulation desk. Phone 786-2985 for more info or to sign up.